WMG Homes Viewings and Moving in
This is a dynamic page and will be updated regularly in line with Ministry of Health
At WMG Homes, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our residents, staff and wider community is our first priority.
As the novel coronavirus pandemic develops in New Zealand, we continue to be committed to providing a safe, clean experience in an environment that puts people first.
We are following official advice from the New Zealand Government and monitoring any updates to this advice closely.
New Zealand is now at Alert Level 2.
Under Alert Level 2, you are allowed to move to a new house. There are still some restrictions in place to make sure this is done in a way that manages any risk.
We are taking every precaution to ensure you’re able to view our properties and move in safely, following advice from MBIE.
The steps that we are taking to ensure safety and wellbeing are as follows:
Our neighbourhood at Level 2
- Please ensure any guests check in by scanning the QR code at the building entrance or by signing the contact register at the front desk.
- Common areas, such as lifts and the lobby, will be cleaned and sanitised multiple times a day.
- Please maintain social distancing in common areas and respect your neighbours' space.
- We are all in this together! Let's look after each other, practice good hygiene and stay safe.
Viewings at Level 2
- In-person viewings can be organised by contacting us via phone or email
- You will be asked to fill out the building’s contact tracing register as a condition of entry into the building.
- Physical distancing of 2m must be maintained at all times during the viewing.
- Touching of surfaces must be kept to a minimum.
- All apartments, elevators and common areas are sanitised before and after each viewing.
- A Zoom video viewing of the apartment can be organised, if you prefer.
Moving In at Alert Level 2
At Alert Level 2, WMG Homes has strict protocols in place to manage any tenants moving in.
- Organising move-in date and time 24 hours ahead of schedule with your building manager
- Limited contact key collection, and signing of leases and documents.
- Using an isolated elevator for tenants moving in, which is sanitised immediately before and after use.
- Common areas being sanitised immediately after a tenant moves in, in addition to the frequent regular sanitising of these areas.
- Any people that help you move and enter the building, including hired movers, must fill out the building’s contact tracing register as a condition of entry to the building
- Moving companies are able to help you move, although they must adhere to physical distancing rules.
For a full list of guidelines for government advice, please visit the COVID-19 site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 022 601 5001